Friday, July 22, 2011

Some Gingers Really Do Have Souls

Oh, my sweet redheaded girl. Now, my best friend here in Florida is a ginger (although she too is far from the stereotypical ginger) nonetheless before meeting Hayley I already had my preconceived notions. But oh, how she put those to rest all too fast. Hayley is the *definition* of a passionate person; with all the temper I would expect, yet more love than I could have hoped for. Before camp I started a facebook message with all the girls, but her and I hit it off the best. I knew for sure we would be friends, yet, when I got to camp we didn't get as close as fast as I thought we would. Midway through the first week of camp, we ended up having a heart-to-heart in the girls bathroom of the gym until sometime way past lights out (Thomas I know you're reading this, sorry we didn't follow lights out that 1 time!) and come to find out, we both thought that the other didn't like us. This couldn't have been more untrue. We were so eager for the other to like us that we feared the worst. After that night, we were inseparable. Hayley is one of those people that there are so many layers to her, so many *sides* that every day you learn something new about her and it is so fun. She has the greatest laugh in the world... one of those laughs that once you hear it you become unsure as to whether you may or may not pee your pants because you laugh so hard. Hayley has this way of always understanding how I feel. Even if she can't relate, she *understands* and I can tell her anything. I've never understood what it meant to have a friend that "laughs when you laugh and cries when you cry" I got the laugh part, but I never understood why someone would cry with me, simply because they know how I feel. That late night in the girls bathroom, Hayley cried with me. She shared in how I was feeling, and she has ever since. She's my cabin neighbor and my snuggle buddy and whether she goes to Honduras or Kenya with our dear friend Justin Beiber, I know she will always be there for me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment