Sunday, July 17, 2011

Awkward Moments and Life Changes

Ok, so here's the skinny: I just got back from Ponderosa Bible Camp. I've been there the past 6 weeks as most of you know, and it was an experience that changed my life in more ways than I can count. God used me in ways I never thought possible and brought so many amazing people into my life. So, I'm going to take the next few blogs to write about my experiences and the people I now call my best friends. I'll start off today with the funniest story of the summer: The Naked Story. Ok, so pretty much anyone that knows me knows that I'd pretty much always rather be naked. Just sayin. Well, I was in a cabin in the gym so I was allotted the boys bathroom. It was Sunday morning and I decided to take a shower. My friend Hayley was the only other person in the gym, so when I got out I didn't get dressed! The door was shut and no one was around; why would I need to? So, I started blow-drying my hair and singing "Hosanna" by brooke fraser at the TOP of my lungs. Well, much to my surprise all of the sudden this old guy comes prancing in! He came around the corner and saw me and said "AH!" and ran out. I was pretty much frozen. I mean, It's not like I had anything to cover myself with. I was naked as the day I was born, no shelter in sight. Well, I was mortified to say the least. So, I called my boss crying explaining to him what happened. Come to find out, that "old guy" was my boss's boss's boss. Oh yea. Needless to say, his stay over the next few days was ridiculously awkward. Ok, now here comes the real point: That is how we are with God. He sees us, everywhere we go, everything we do. We may think no one's around and so we do things that we'd be really embarrassed to be seen doing in front of people, let alone our creator. But he sees and he knows! So (unlike in my story) what's the point in trying to hide from the Lord? There isn't a point. He loves us and wants a relationship with us, so why try to hide? He sees you whether you like it or not, so you can bask in his love and confess to him when you mess up as he designed. Or, you can run and hide and be content to sing naked in the bathroom thinking that's the best it gets when the truth is, you can only dance around in your mistakes so long before God will call you out and make you realize that just like adam and eve we can't hide our "nakedness" of sin. So, the moral of the story is: get dressed when you get out of the shower, and don't try to hide your mistakes from God. Enjoy the freedom to be forgiven and your life will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment