Saturday, August 6, 2011

Seasons

First of all to my sweet friend Ann-Marie: your blog is coming, I promise. Ok, so recently I finished reading Psalms (for 8 *millionth* time in my life because I just love it so much and learn something new every time) and was on the hunt for a new book of the bible to chew on. So, I started praying asking God to lead me to what he wanted me to read. One morning I came upon Ecclesiastes and knew that was what I needed to be reading. It has spoken to my heart in so many ways. As most of you know, this summer I spent the majority of my time in Mentone, Alabama at Ponderosa Bible Camp. My heart felt so at home there and it was difficult (to say the least) to leave the people I had grown to love, and the place I have loved since I was a little girl. I have known for many years now that God is calling me to be in Alabama later in life. What's been driving me nuts is that I know he's saying "Not yet" and I want him to say "Yes! Go now! I'll open every door you need!". Ecclesiastes talks deeply about something I've really needed to hear lately: There is a time for everything. "A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to uproot, A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." (Ecc. 3:2-6) So, what I'm learning is just like the passing seasons, such is this time in my life. But here's the thing about seasons, no matter what season it is there will always be sun (For the sake of my illustration, the people in Alaska don't count). There is always good in every time of your life, there is always joy! So, I am attempting to learn to be content with where God has me, even if I know with every ounce of me that it's not where I want to be. He will open the door when it is *His* time and so I'll just have to be patient and contentedly wait for the season to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment