Friday, March 18, 2011

My Life Is Pretty Darn Average

Alright, you caught me. I conformed to the internet land of blogging, so shoot me. I'm not really sure what made me do it. I guess the desire to share my thoughts and see if they were interesting enough for anyone to want to hear them. My Dad always told me I should write a book and always ignored him. If nothing else, I guess it was because in order to write something meaningful it has to come from a truth of something you've experienced. This, more than anything, scares the living heck out of me. The simple truth is, I love being honest with everyone but my self. When you write things down on paper it's like admitting it. So here I am like the rest of the world (and sounding like a total hipster for talking so much about conformity) blabbing about my life in the other world known as the internet. I'd love to sit here and act all introspective like I have something wise to share with everyone but I guess I just don't because the fact of the matter is, I'm as average as the next guy and I'm 19. What on earth do I know? Nothing. Zip.Nada. Zilch.Zero. That's something I'm learning these days, the older you get the more you realize how little you really know about life. So there you go. I admitted that I'm a silly starving college student with nothing of poetic intelligence or brilliant philosophy to say.
      The reason I named my blog "Dancing In The Light" was because of what God has been teaching me lately. His *GRACE* is enough to cover my multitude of sins. Believe me, there are a lot of them, but that's the thing about a beautiful and perfect savior. He cut my chains and brought me into the light it's my choice to Dance in that light or live in the Dark dreaming of a day in his glorious Sun. The verse that reminds me of this is Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in my body I live by faith in the Son of God who *Loved me and gave himself for me*". WOW. What a crazy thought to remember. A perfect being loved me enough to give his perfect life for my sinful mess. Now if you ask me, that's most definitely a reason to dance. *Whew* I guess now that I've admitted my inherent tendency to wish I was wise I can say whatever I think from here on out. Get ready, I tend to say exactly what's on my mind.

1 comment: